ELEKS Software Engineering and Development Office is looking for a Software Development Expert (Python) in our offices or remote.
Our Customer is a startup in the cybersecurity domain. Their easy-to-install software continuously scans for vulnerabilities, reporting them in an automated centralised dashboard. The product being developed consists of a Web part, a desktop app and an app (separate).
- 5+ years of working experience with Python
- Experience with DjangoREST framework, Postgres DB
- Practical experience with SDLC + requirements
- Upper-Intermediate level of English
- Attention to client
- Sense of responsibility
- Problem-solving skills
- Working in a team
- Attention to details
- Analytical mindset
- Dedication and attitude towards success
- Develop solutions and algorithms according to technical specifications or other requirements documentation; use standard algorithms in the applicable cases at the expert level
- Possess profound knowledge and practical experience of software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Structure and format the source code, comment and mark up the code, as well as name variables, functions, classes, data structures, and files according to the company conventions and industry best practices
- Implement code refactoring and optimization methods. Post refactoring and optimization results to a collective knowledge base as the best practices
- Modify existing program code and test its availability. Analyze software code compliance with readability and performance standards
- Implement version control system to log optimizations made in the code, as well as to merge and split source code entities. Commit changes according to version control rules
- Perform analysis, verification, and debugging of the software code at the level of application units
- Reproduce defects logged in an issue tracking system, identify defect causes, and then modify code to eliminate defects
- Develop procedures for testing code availability, collecting diagnostic data, generating test data sets with necessary characteristics, identifying required software characteristics etc.
- Determine software product compliance with customer technical requirements
- Collect and analyze results of software testing. Deliver correct interpretation of diagnostic data; analyze the significance of obtained software characteristics; document test results. Assess software product availability
- Configure software parameters. Deliver proper documentation of performed actions and detected problems as well as provide possible solutions to the problems
- Create applications and data backups and perform their recovery, if necessary; ensure software and data integrity
- Develop, document, and edit programming interfaces, software modules and components assembling procedures, software deployment and update procedures as well as data migration and transformation (conversion) procedures
- Assemble software modules and components into a software product; connect software product to an external environment. Test software product versions availability
- Develop technical specifications for software components, and then coordinate their interactions with a project software architect. Analyze variants of software requirements implementation, evaluate their time-consumption and workload. Conduct assessment and justification of the recommended solutions to project requirements implementation
- Develop, modify, and approve the software architecture with a project system analyst or/and a project software architect. Design data structures, databases, programming interfaces etc.
- Assess and approve task completion terms. Deploy standard solutions and design patterns. Communicate with stakeholders; receive high-level tasks, break them into elementary tasks, assign tasks to developers, and organize task execution and team interaction
- Have valid competence-related certifications
- Conduct and develop internal staff testing system (“matrix”), conduct preliminary interviews as an expert etc.
- Organize internal training as coaching or mentoring; organize external training (Academies) for students
- Develop company’s functional areas by engaging leading technology experts to share their experience
- Distribute niche technologies for projects that need them, advise on and confirm the benefits of their implementation
- Examine and consult other projects; prepare proposals for new projects, marketing Case Studies; provides consulting for other departments etc.
What will you get with ELEKS
- Above average compensation and competitive Social package
- Close cooperation with a customer
- Challenging tasks
- Competence development
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Projects from scratch
- Team of professionals
- Dynamic environment with low level of bureaucracy
- Medical insurance
ELEKS is a custom software development company. We deliver value to our clients, thanks to our expertise and experience gained from working as a software innovation partner since 1991.
Our 1,800+ professionals located in the Delivery Centers across Eastern Europe and sales offices in Europe and North America, provide our clients with a full range of software engineering services. These include product development, QA, R&D, design, technology consulting and dedicated teams.