ELEKS Software Engineering and Development Office is looking for a Competency Manager to lead our Emerging Stream (Python, PHP, Perl, Go) in our Lviv Office
Provide and ensure technology stream progress and professional development of employees within the stream. Identify modern expertise directions in the field and develop best practices and processes to keep the expertise level up-to-date.
- Competence Development. Continuously improve Competency Assessment standards (“Matrix”) for each technology in the stream; assess employees’ knowledge, assist with educating and training people, organize mentorship programs; develop and promote coding standards, best practices, etc.
- Staffing Support. Ongoing help with staffing from Reserve and hiring external engineers; conducting interviews, organizing group of experts capable to interview candidates; rotations planning
- Sales Support. Work on presales directly, consulting Engagement team, preparing engineers for customer interview, presenting stream to potential clients
- Projects Consulting. On-demand help on projects, architecture and code audit by request, partial project involvement (up to 50%) to start new projects or temporary support teams with challenging project tasks
- People Management. Setting goals, participation in regular Performance Reviews, performance monitoring, conflicts resolution, assistance in personal career path development, direct management of engineers in reserve, participating in compensation review
- General Management. Identify expertise directions of the stream based on the company strategy. Plan and facilitate stream expertise development, develop competence strategy. Organize effective collaboration with other technology streams as well as with other company departments
- Performance of functional roles and instructions of the superior, as well as supervision of the subordinates in terms of their operational duties
- Performance in accordance with the current administrative, criminal, and civil legislation of Ukraine, the internal labor regulations of the Company, fire safety rules, and information security regulations
- Python – expert level, PHP / Perl – senior level, Go / Ruby as a plus
- Proficient knowledge and practical skills in general Software Engineering: algorithms, data structures, databases, networking, security; best practices, approaches and techniques (Unit Testing, etc.).
- Experience and knowledge in Software Architecture: architectural design, main approaches, techniques, and architectural patterns
- Profound knowledge and practical skills in the main SDLC methodologies (Agile, etc.).
- Experience in analyzing software requirements, developing software technical specifications
- Knowledge of personnel management techniques; management methods, risk management, decision making etc.
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Decision-making skills
- Leadership ability
- Upper – intermediate or higher level of English
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- Attention to client
- Sense of responsibility
- Problem solving skills
- Working in team
- Attention to details
- Analytical mindset
- Dedication and attitude towards success
What will you get with ELEKS:
- Above average compensation and competitive Social package
- Close cooperation with a customer
- Challenging tasks
- Competence development
- Team of professionals
- Dynamic environment with low level of bureaucracy
ELEKS is a custom software development company. We deliver value to our clients, thanks to our expertise and experience gained from working as a software innovation partner since 1991.
Our 1,400+ professionals located in the Delivery Centers across Eastern Europe and sales offices in Europe and North America, provide our clients with a full range of software engineering services. These include product development, QA, UX/UI, R&D, technology consulting and dedicated teams.