ELEKS Software Engineering and Development Office is looking for Senior Data Engineer in remote
Customer – one of the leading US financial companies in need of reviewing and optimizing their analytical ecosystem in accordance with the latest trends in the data processing. The infrastructure is Azure-based and has been built around Big Data tools like Databricks and Hive which are used for processing dozens of TB of data.
- At least 4 years of development experience
- At least 1 year of experience with cloud platforms: Azure (preferable) / AWS / GCP
- Hands-on experience at least in one programming language: Python (preferable), Scala, Java etc.
- Hands-on experience with Big Data: Databricks/Spark (preferable), Hive (preferable), Oozie, Sqoop
- Experience in building data lakes, ETL/ELT
- Upper-intermediate level of English
- Develop solutions and algorithms according to technical specifications or other requirements documentation; use standard algorithms in the applicable cases
- Write program code according to the defined application architecture
- Structure and format the source code, comment and mark up the code, as well as name variables, functions, classes, data structures, and files according to the company conventions and industry best practices
- Modify existing code and verify its functioning. Analyze code compliance with readability and performance standards
- Use version control systems to track code optimization progress and to merge or split program code entities. Commit changes according to version control rules
- Perform analysis, verification, and debugging of the software code at the level of application units
- Detect defects, apply debugging methods and techniques, correctly interpret bug reports, as well as apply modern compilers, debuggers, and program code optimizers
- Able to develop procedures for testing code availability, collecting diagnostic data, generating test data sets with necessary characteristics, identifying required software characteristics etc.
- Reproduce defects logged in an issue tracking system, identify defect causes, and then modify code to eliminate defects
- Able to develop and document program interfaces, software module and component assembling procedures, software deployment and update procedures as well as data migration and transformation (conversion) procedures
- Estimate and set up task completion terms independently
What will you get with ELEKS
- Above average compensation and competitive Social package
- Close cooperation with a customer
- Challenging tasks
- Competence development
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Projects from scratch
- Team of professionals
- Dynamic environment with low level of bureaucracy
- Medical insurance
ELEKS is a custom software development company. We deliver value to our clients, thanks to our expertise and experience gained from working as a software innovation partner since 1991.
Our 1,800+ professionals located in the Delivery Centers across Eastern Europe and sales offices in Europe and North America, provide our clients with a full range of software engineering services. These include product development, QA, R&D, design, technology consulting and dedicated teams.