ELEKS Software Engineering and Development Office is looking for Senior Back-end (NodeJS) Developer in all our locations and remote.
Our client is an early startup based in California, USA. He develops a platform for attracting students, teachers, and researchers, where they can upload their own work files, match others, find friends working in the same field, comment, and collaborate.
We are looking for a partner to develop this project from scratch.
Team: 3-4 engineers (CEO/PO, PM, Tech Expert) on the client-side. We will start with 2-3 engineers, 1QA, 1PM/BA
Technologies: Node.js, React, AWS
- 3+ years of experience with Node.js
- Deep understanding of AWS services for software development
- Experience with CI/CD processes
- At least intermediate strong level of English
- Develop solutions and algorithms according to technical specifications or other requirements documentation; use standard algorithms in the applicable cases
- Write program code according to the defined application architecture
- Possess knowledge of software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Structure and format the source code, comment and mark up the code, as well as name variables, functions, classes, data structures, and files according to the company conventions and industry best practices
- Implement code refactoring and optimization methods. Post refactoring and optimization results to the collective knowledge base as the best practices
- Modify existing software code and test its availability. Analyze software code compliance with readability and performance standards
- Use version control systems to track code optimization progress, as well as to merge or split code entities. Commit changes according to version control rules
- Perform analysis, verification, and debugging of the software code at the level of application units
- Reproduce defects logged in the defect database, establish their causes, and modify code to eliminate defects
- Collect and analyze results of software tests. Deliver correct interpretation of diagnostic data; analyze the significance of the obtained software characteristics; can document test results. Assess software product availability
- Develop, document, and edit programming interfaces, software modules and components assembling procedures, software deployment, and update procedures as well as data migration and transformation (conversion) procedures
- Assemble software modules and components into software products; connect software products to the external environment. Test availability of software product versions
- Approve technical requirements for software with stakeholders. Evaluate and justify terms of task completion. Assign tasks to developers, monitor task implementation. Provide training on the project
What will you get with ELEKS
- Above average compensation and competitive Social package
- Close cooperation with a customer
- Challenging tasks
- Competence development
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Projects from scratch
- Team of professionals
- Dynamic environment with low level of bureaucracy
- Medical insurance
ELEKS is a custom software development company. We deliver value to our clients, thanks to our expertise and experience gained from working as a software innovation partner since 1991.
Our 1,600+ professionals located in the Delivery Centers across Eastern Europe and sales offices in Europe and North America, provide our clients with a full range of software engineering services. These include product development, QA, R&D, design, technology consulting and dedicated teams.