ELEKS Business Analysis Office is looking for an IT Product Owner in our Chicago Office.
We are working together with one of the biggest health insurance company in the US with HQ in Chicago. Project portfolio contains various projects connected to writing, combining and integration of APIs from partners, clients etc. Mostly all of them are built using a microservices architecture. Some of the projects developed using the XP methodology with all necessary ceremonies as TDD, pair programming, lot of communication and frequent releases.
- 3+ years of experience in the leading position (project coordinator/ team leader/product owner) or in the business analysis area
- Good understanding of IT system and project life-cycles in general
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management and business analysis
- Understanding of project financial area – project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates, and resources utilization
- Understanding of offshore software development specifics
- Good working knowledge of project management tools: JIRA, TFS, BugTracker, MS Project
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and client
- Experience working in an Agile environment and Lean methodology
- Define business needs and business change drivers
- Manage customer expectations and translate needs into effective solutions
- Elicit requirements using different BA techniques (interviews, focus groups, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis etc.)
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and distinguish user requests from the underlying needs
- Document, analyze and prioritize detailed business requirements based on users and business needs
- Proactively identify improvements that would increase efficiency or productivity in work effort, processes or application features
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Plan and Coordinate BA team at the project. Conduct BA team coaching and mentoring (subordinate RAs and BAs, QAs etc.)
- Contribute to continuous improvement of business analysis practices, as well as other procedures.
- Develop requirement and other project documentation templates
- Conduct requirements audit
- Communicates the feature or product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members
- Incorporates stakeholder input into product roadmap while effectively negotiating tradeoffs of conflicting priorities based on value to the business and customer
- Leverage a hypothesis-driven approach to turn customer insights into actionable business and product requirements for rapid testing
- Take creative risks to develop breakthrough opportunities. Identify and track key success metrics (e.g., adoption, usage and customer satisfaction) for each offering and utilizing each offering’s metrics to make informed decisions
- Leads problem resolution as needed to ensure that internal and external customers receive prompt, efficient service
- Manage and mentor product management team
- Support the team with all needed access and equipment and eliminate blockers
- Collaborate with other IT product managers across different BUs in developing new features and ensuring appropriate support.
- Help innovate and iterate on agile PM processes and share our insights
- Identify cross product dependencies and refine requirements from business problems to detailed user stories
What will you get with ELEKS
- Above average compensation and competitive Social package
- Close cooperation with a customer
- Business trips
- Challenging tasks
- Competence development
- Team of professionals
- Dynamic environment with low level of bureaucracy
- Medical insurance
ELEKS is a custom software development company. We deliver value to our clients, thanks to our expertise and experience gained from working as a software innovation partner since 1991.
Our 1,500+ professionals located in the Delivery Centers across Eastern Europe and sales offices in Europe and North America, provide our clients with a full range of software engineering services. These include product development, QA, R&D, design, technology consulting and dedicated teams.