ELEKS Software Engineering and Development Office is looking for Senior Data Engineer in our Lviv location
Our customer is the world leader in the processing of agricultural products and the merchandising of a diverse range of commodities. Founded and based in Europe with a strong regional presence in North and South America, Europe, Asia, the Middle-East and Africa.
- Develop solutions and algorithms according to technical specifications or other requirements documentation; use standard algorithms in the applicable cases
- Write program code according to the defined application architecture
- Possess knowledge of software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
- Structure and format the source code, comment and mark up the code, as well as name variables, functions, classes, data structures, and files according to the company conventions and industry best practices
- Implement code refactoring and optimization methods. Post refactoring and optimization results to the collective knowledge base as the best practices.
- Modify existing software code and test its availability. Analyze software code compliance with readability and performance standards
- Use version control systems to track code optimization progress, as well as to merge or split code entities. Commit changes according to version control rules.
- Perform analysis, verification, and debugging of the software code at the level of application units
- Develop procedures to test code availability, collect diagnostic data, generate test data sets with desired characteristics; examine the required software characteristics etc.
- Reproduce defects logged in the defect database, establish their causes, and modify code to eliminate defects
- Determine software product compliance with the technical requirements
- Collect and analyze results of software tests. Deliver correct interpretation of diagnostic data; analyze the significance of the obtained software characteristics; can document test results. Assess software product availability
- Develop, document, and edit programming interfaces, software modules and components assembling procedures, software deployment and update procedures as well as data migration and transformation (conversion) procedures
- Assemble software modules and components into software product; connect software product to the external environment. Test availability of software product versions.
- Analyze variants of software requirements implementation; evaluate their time-consumption and workload. Conduct assessment and justification of the solutions recommended for software requirements implementation
- Approve technical requirements for software with stakeholders. Evaluate and justify terms of task completion. Assign tasks to developers, monitor task implementation. Provide training on the project
- Have valid competence-related certifications
- Participate in conducting of internal staff testing (“matrix”), organization of lectures, seminars, developers’ talks, knowledge sharing sessions, and other forms of trainings for developers
- Participate in conducting external training (Academies) for students and staff from regional offices etc.
- 4+ years of development experience
- At least 1 year of experience with Azure
- Hands-on experience at least in one programming language (C#, Python, Java etc.)
- Hands-on experience with RDBMS (including tuning and maintenance)
- Experience in Data Warehousing and ETL
- Upper-Intermediate level of English
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
Will be a Plus
- Experience with the following cloud services: Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake + Azure Data Lake Analytics, Batch, Function App
- Experience with Power BI
- Experience with Data Science-oriented solutions
What will you get with ELEKS
- Above average compensation and competitive Social package
- Close cooperation with a customer
- Challenging tasks
- Competence development
- Project from scratch
- Team of professionals
- Dynamic environment with a low level of bureaucracy
ELEKS is a custom software development company. We deliver value to our clients, thanks to our expertise and experience gained from working as a software innovation partner since 1991.
Our 1,400+ professionals located in the Delivery Centers across Eastern Europe and sales offices in Europe and North America, provide our clients with a full range of software engineering services. These include product development, QA, UX/UI, R&D, technology consulting and dedicated teams.