ELEKS Software Engineering and Development Office is looking for Senior Android Developer in our Chicago Office.
We are working together with one of the biggest health insurance company in the US with HQ in Chicago. Project portfolio contains various projects connected to writing, combining and integration of APIs from partners, clients etc. Mostly all of them are built using a microservices architecture. Some of the projects developed using the XP methodology with all necessary ceremonies as TDD, pair programming, lot of communication and frequent releases.
- 7+ years of experience in Android development
- Good knowledge of Android SDK, Kotlin, Java
- Experience with REST API (Retrofit), MVVM
- Understanding of OOP
- Knowledge of Activities, Fragments, Services and their Lifecycle
- Knowledge of UI elements. Ability to create layouts XML Layouts
- Ability to work with Git
- Knowledge of SQL (SQLite)
- Develop solutions and algorithms according to technical specifications or other requirements documentation; use standard algorithms in the applicable cases; write program code according to the defined application architecture
- Implement code refactoring and optimization methods. Post refactoring and optimization results to the collective knowledge base as the best practices
- Develop, document, and edit programming interfaces, software modules and components assembling procedures, software deployment, and update procedures as well as data migration and transformation (conversion) procedures
- Work in pair with other developer, communication with team members sharing thoughts and knowledge
- New functionality design. Estimating tasks
What will you get with ELEKS
- Above average compensation and competitive Social package
- Close cooperation with a customer
- Challenging tasks
- Competence development
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Team of professionals
- Dynamic environment with low level of bureaucracy
- Medical insurance
ELEKS is a custom software development company. We deliver value to our clients, thanks to our expertise and experience gained from working as a software innovation partner since 1991.
Our 1,500+ professionals located in the Delivery Centers across Eastern Europe and sales offices in Europe and North America, provide our clients with a full range of software engineering services. These include product development, QA, R&D, design, technology consulting and dedicated teams.