ELEKS Information Development Office is looking for Middle Information Developer in all our locations and remote to work on a context-sensitive Web Help that accompanies a custom Enterprise Resource Management System (ERP).
Our client, an oil&gas company located in United States, Texas – works with pipes for the oil and gas industry. The main business is buying, processing/testing, and selling tubes for the clients or processing/testing client’s pipes as a service. Eleks develops for the client ERP system so that they can track all aspects of their work in detail and make proper decisions.
- Excellent written and spoken English (advanced or proficient)
- Background in help authoring, preferably using MadCap Flare
- Familiarity with relationship tables and practical experience with context-sensitivity is nice to have
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS is sufficient for troubleshooting and improving the MadCap Flare project
- Ability to create clear and informative visuals
- Knowledge of advanced features of TechSmith Snagit is nice to have
- Experience creating instructional videos and screencasts using TechSmith Camtasia
- Solid knowledge of technical communication practices and guidelines (for example, Microsoft Style Guide and Chicago Style Guide)
- Take over a project created in MadCap Flare
- Review the existing help content, make sure that the workflows and task-specific instructions are up to date, and communicate with the team and the customer to identify the remaining content needs
- Gather information by interviewing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Create new help content following the project style guide
- Follow the Documentation Development Life Cycle and manage the customer’s expectations effectively
- Review the UI text for consistency and author new UI text on demand
- Conduct product demos
- Collect user feedback to assess and improve the effectiveness and usability of the help content
- Create videos or other instructional materials for user onboarding
What will you get with ELEKS
- Above average compensation and competitive Social package
- Close cooperation with a customer
- Challenging tasks
- Competence development
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Projects from scratch
- Team of professionals
- Dynamic environment with low level of bureaucracy
- Medical insurance
ELEKS is a custom software development company. We deliver value to our clients, thanks to our expertise and experience gained from working as a software innovation partner since 1991.
Our 1,600+ professionals located in the Delivery Centers across Eastern Europe and sales offices in Europe and North America, provide our clients with a full range of software engineering services. These include product development, QA, R&D, design, technology consulting and dedicated teams.