ELEKS Data Science Office is looking for Junior Data Scientist in our Lviv location
Junior data scientist approaches business problems of diverse scopes, within different industries, using applied math. She develops statistical, probabilistic, data mining, machine learning models, improves accuracy of existing systems by enriching them with advanced analytical models.
Our project is a cloud-enabled, scalable, and award-winning High Performance Computing enterprise risk management solution that allows (re)insurers and pension funds to access next generation technology to rapidly solve today’s key insurance challenges such as hedge strategy testing, regulatory and economic forecasting.
- Collecting, transforming and reprocessing raw data to prepare it for analysis
- Deriving descriptive statistics out of the reprocessed data
- Building statistical and probabilistic models
- Designing, developing, training and testing data mining, machine learning and artificial intelligence models and algorithms
- Providing comparative research on different algorithms and models
- Experience with Python 3 is a must
- Experience in Scientific Python stack like Numpy, SciPy, Pandas is a must (2 year)
- At least Upper Intermediate English Level is a must
- Good business communication skills
- Knowledge of the following: Matlab/Octave, R is a plus
- Knowledge of Economic Simulations and Actuarial Calculations is a plus
- Understanding theoretical concepts of statistics/probability is a must
- Understanding theoretical concepts of data mining, machine learning is a must
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to handle multi-tasking activities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Master degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or similar
- Passion for learning and education
- Business orientation
- Result orientation
WHAT WILL YOU GET WITH ELEKS:
- Above average compensation and competitive Social package
- Opportunity to participate in various internal/external events (educational programs, seminars)
- Comfortable office with modern infrastructure
- Flexible working schedule
- 18-day paid vacation, paid sick leave
- Challenging tasks
- Dynamic environment with low level of bureaucracy
ELEKS is a custom software development company. We deliver value to our clients, thanks to our expertise and experience gained from working as a software innovation partner since 1991.
Our 1,400+ professionals located in the Delivery Centers across Eastern Europe and sales offices in Europe and North America, provide our clients with a full range of software engineering services. These include product development, QA, UX/UI, R&D, technology consulting and dedicated teams.