ELEKS Data Science Office is looking for Data Scientist in our Chicago location
Our customer is one of the biggest insurance companies in the USA. In cooperation with the developing team, we will be working on the pipeline of POCs with the visual and data/modeling part. POCs are aimed at validating future products and services of the company.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Getting insight into business problem, understanding the opportunity and value of analytical models for the customer
- Collecting, transforming, and preprocessing raw data to prepare it for analysis
- Deriving descriptive statistics out of the preprocessed data
- Designing, developing, training, and testing data mining, machine learning, and artificial intelligence models and algorithms
- Providing comparative research on different algorithms and models
- Implementing the model in a form that can be easily used by engineers, documenting its interfaces
- Delivering the model in a form that can be easily deployable and maintained
- Knowledge of time series analysis, probability theory and statistics, factor analysis, and optimization.
- Basic knowledge of actuarial calculation and InsurTech terms understanding (underwriting, claims, premiums).
- Previous experience with economic/finance data search, analysis, and model building, knowledge of ML algorithms, and data analysis approaches.
- Understanding how these theoretical concepts could be applied to real-world problems
- Ability to understand the nature of business problems and see the place of analytical models in the solution
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Great analytical skills
- Self-organization, self-management
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to handle multi-tasking activities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Initiative and pro-active skills, and flexibility
- Passion for learning and education
- Business orientation
- Result orientation
- Customer-facing role
- High level of responsibility
- Simultaneous handling and fast processing of multiple tasks
- Lots of educational and self-educational activities
- Culture of knowledge sharing
What will you get with ELEKS
- Above average compensation and competitive Social package
- Close cooperation with a customer
- Business trips
- Challenging tasks
- Competence development
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Projects from scratch
- Team of professionals
- Dynamic environment with low level of bureaucracy
- Medical insurance
ELEKS is a custom software development company. We deliver value to our clients, thanks to our expertise and experience gained from working as a software innovation partner since 1991.
Our 1,500+ professionals located in the Delivery Centers across Eastern Europe and sales offices in Europe and North America, provide our clients with a full range of software engineering services. These include product development, QA, R&D, design, technology consulting and dedicated teams.